Ways a makeup artist can make you look better
Have you ever wondered how can a professional makeup artist do their magic on you? And no matter how hard you try and follow their steps, the results are incomparable. Here are some tips and tricks that the pros use regularly which can make your makeup application as wonderful as theirs.
Makeup can cover and hide different facial flaws from acne, scars, redness and other signs of aging. Achieve a flawless look by camouflaging these flaws with the use of makeup. Here are some simple tricks that will help cover unwanted flaws:
1. Prep the skin with a primer. It will help augment and prepare the skin for makeup application. Primers with a silicons base can smooth out the skin texture and flatten the fine lines.
2. Use a color corrector. It will target particular imperfections such as under eye circles, redness, and sallow complexion. Find the right color for your facial concerns.
3. Apply a foundation. It will further help in hiding the red marks by making it look less visible. Look for a warmer color because a warmer skin tone will make you younger.
4. Right amount of concealer. Choose the right shade and apply the right amount of concealer in order to hide unwanted spots.
5. Finish of with powder. Lock the products applied in place with a lightweight powder.
After the doing the basic coverage, the next steps are for accenting and highlighting certain features on the face:
1. Accentuate the bone structure. Rub some blush at the highest points of the cheekbones, this trick will make the bone structure stand out.
2. Filling in the brows. Using a light shade pencil, one shade lighter than your natural color, will make the brows look softer and natural, plus it will look fuller.
3. Highlight particular areas. Applying a light and shiny powder on the upper part of the cheekbones, below the eyebrows and inside portion of the eye lids will help draw attention on the positive features of the face and will help scars less obvious.
4. Contour the lips. Make the lips fuller by using a white eyeliner pencil to draw past the natural lip line and redoing it with the color of your lipstick. Apply a light shade of foundation around the new lip line to make the edges softer and blended. Fill in the rest of the lips with your lipstick.
Always remember that less is more, even in makeup application! If you want to look younger, choose lighter shades in order to make your features stand out but not too strong.
What do makeup artists do and how to become one
The love for makeup, cosmetics and color plus creativity on experimenting are good signs that a person can potentially be a makeup artist.
Duties and Responsibilities of a Makeup Artist
There are different scenarios and job description of a makeup artist, whether working independently, working with a senior colleague or with a design team. Here are some of the basic duties a makeup artist should have:
- application of complete makeup and cosmetics
- shaping of eyebrows, lips, hair and facial hair
- hair styling with different looks
- produce sketches for different looks for the client
- makeup for different occasions such as weddings, dates, etc.
- makeup trials
- special effects using prosthetic, wig, and other materials
- document makeup progress for future use
- giving advice to clients about hygiene on applying and removing makeup
Requirements to Become a Makeup Artist
Usually, academics is not as important as the creative and practical skills in the makeup industry. There are many makeup artists who does not have a degree related to makeup. Most artists started from their hobby and love for makeup itself. But as a stepping stone, a person can further study by taking a degree, or take up several classes and training that can help develop a person’s knowledge and experience. For a makeup artist to have an edge in the industry, exposure to different occasions and industries such as wedding events, TV production, theater, will make you more valuable in the market.